Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be....

The first kiss, not one of those heart skipping, time stopping, breath taking kisses. It was awkward in the best was possible and new. It didn't lack desire at all. But still, it was different. It was a "I can't believe I get to kiss you", kiss.

The second kiss, my brain finally understood "we get to do this!" That's when my heart skipped, time stopped and you took my breath away.

You were fully in control and I liked that. I'd wondered what this moment would be like for what seems like eternity. To feel your warm hands on me, your strong arms pull me close. I can only explain what happened, because putting the feeling into words seems a little impossible.

This isn't your typical lust story. We've known each other for years. Always had an easy friendship; very few expectations and a whole lot of trust. We've seen the other person through what each of us thought was some pretty dark times. We've been excited for new relationships, new opportunities and triumphs. We've listened and given advice (solicited and unsolicited) when those new relationships came to an end, when we felt like life had kicked us and we were down, and when we just needed to bitch.

Through all of this, our friendship grew stronger. We grew closer in the unique circumstance that we met and became friends. We also remained the most platonic as humanly possible. Reinforced by willpower, integrity and respect (qualities I'd like to believe we both pride ourselves on), we maintained this relationship status through late night talks, several snowed in drinking and gaming parties and specially made yummies for the tummy (non-dairy of course).

Now, we are faced with an opportunity we only imagined in our wildest dreams. And of course the way our lives would have it, the opportunity would knock at what seems to be the most inconvenient time.

But is it?

After spending a night with you, that I pray will never be erased from my memory, you are packing up your belongings and heading South. Embarking on a solo, character building, and exciting journey into the next chapter of your life. Although it's a new chapter, I hope that the theme of me will continue from the chapters before. Perhaps this time with a slightly stronger role.

As the pages turn in this story and you continue the trails and tribulations of searching for your leading lady, I hope you wake up and find, I've been here the whole time.

Because you belong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment